The watercolor tattoo (also known as watercolor tattoo) is gaining in popularity – especially among young people. In contrast to the ordinary tattoos, it is characterized by its running colors that flow into each other. The watercolor tattoo is a great work of art on the skin. We recommend that you take a look at this article. The trendy watercolor tattoo motives could look down to the inspiration below. Of course we will tell you about the meaning of each individual tattoo motif.
Watercolor tattoo – usually the respective tattoo motif is first painted on a piece of paper with watercolors. Only then should the motif be transferred to the skin of the tattoo artist.
Here is a list of some tattoo designs that are favored by young people today:
- Watercolor tattoo with an hourglass – the hourglass stands as a symbol of transience. With such tattoos, the sand can be beautifully displayed. For this reason, the hourglass is one of the most popular watercolor tattoo motifs. If you feel like learning more about the hourglass symbolism, take a look at our hourglass tattoo article.
- Watercolor tattoo with a deer – the deer is the king of the wild forest. This animal symbolizes spirituality and transformation. Such a tattoo motif has the task to give his wearer more strength and courage.
- Phoenix Tattoo – this mythical creature is able to resurrect from its own ashes. For this reason, the Phoenix symbolizes rebirth and new beginnings. When he is portrayed as a watercolor tattoo, he looks really great!
- Wolf Tattoo watercolor – the lone wolf, who howls the white moon, is also one of the most popular watercolor tattoo motifs. He symbolizes the free will of his wearer. A tattoo motif that could very well like the loners.
- Lion Tattoos – The lush dense mane of the lion could be colorfully depicted. So the tattoo looks much nicer. The king of all animals is also a symbol of strength .
As mentioned above, the hourglass is one of the most popular watercolor tattoo motifs
An example of how beautiful a deer tattoo watercolor could look like
Watercolor tattoo with an owl – a popular motif among young women
Sheet of paper with a watercolor tattoo design – butterfly
The king of the wild forest – another beautiful watercolor tattoo with a deer
Of course, there are no limits to the imagination here
Tiny tattoo on the wrist with a flying bat
Back tattoos for women
“Not all that wander are lost”
A hand with a lion tattoo watercolor
The turtles are also a popular tattoo motif – they symbolize perseverance
Another nice lion tattoo
Watercolor tattoo with a lonely wolf
Another nice watercolor tattoo with a wild deer
Watercolor tattoos for women
As mentioned above, the resurrected phoenix symbolizes rebirth and new beginnings
Design for a watercolor tattoo with a black cat
Have we piqued your interest? Below we show you some pictures with watercolor tattoos, which the women might like very much
Back Tattoo Watercolor
Beautiful watercolor tattoos for women, from which you could draw inspiration
You still do not know exactly in which direction the design of your tattoo should go? No problem! To help you make the right decision, we’ll show you some inspiring watercolor tattoos below
A back tattoo with a howling wolf
Take a look at this watercolor tattoo on your wrist – the little tattoos look beautiful too, right?
A red tattoo with a big flying phoenix
In most cases, the watercolor tattoos are combined with other tattoo motifs – here is an example of how a stag tattoo can also be displayed with colorful flowers and wild forests