The fairy-tale dragons are among the most popular tattoo motifs. That is why we have collected the most beautiful dragon tattoos for you. We also tell you about the meaning of the different tattoos. Because the dragon tattoo has not lost in charm. But on the contrary! It is no accident that these tattoos are gaining in popularity. They gained their fame thanks to the beauty of these mythical creatures. If you are looking for beautiful tattoos with other mythical creatures, you might as well take a look at our article on ” Phoenix Tattoo “.
Enjoy this unique dragon tattoo
It can be said that the dragon tattoos are also widely used among the stars. For example, the American talk radio presenter Howard Stern wears such a dragon tattoo. The singer Pink and Lenny Kravitz are also among the famous wearers who have chosen this tattoo motif. Lisbeth Salander from the movie “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” also wears a beautiful dragon tattoo. The dragon tattoos look really nice. They could be stung as a small tattoo motif or across the board and very large. In any case, the flying dragon has a majestic look. Below is a list of the most famous dragons and the different meanings of each kite.
- Smaug the Golden – the dragon from the novel “The Hobbitt” is the most famous fire dragon. He is characterized by his particularly high intelligence and backstab. Smaug can talk and also is able to spit fire. He is the biggest dragon and is one of the most popular tattoo motifs. Below are some of the most beautiful tattoos depicting this majestic dragon.
- The three dragons of Daenerys – the three fire dragons play a very important role in the HBO TV series “Game of Thrones”. Drogon is the tallest of these three dragons and named after the deceased Daenerys man. And there are many dragon tattoos depicting the black and red Drogon and his two brothers.
- Chinese Dragon – In Chinese mythology, there are many dragons and in most cases, they symbolize happiness and health. A dragon tattoo with such a red Chinese dragon usually has the task to give his wearer protection and strength.
- The Japanese Dragon – this dragon has long sharp claws like an eagle and is characterized by its serpentine body. Nevertheless, it symbolizes longevity.
- The Celtic Dragon – in the Celts, the dragons are evil mythical animals and therefore one can say that such a dragon tattoo symbolizes the dark side of his wearer. On the other hand, tattooing with Celtic dragons could also symbolize the courage and power of the wearer.
“The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” trailer
Take a look at these beautiful dragon tattoos
Idea for a tattoo with a winged black dragon
Are you looking for ideas for dragon tattoos for men? Below, we show you two pictures with black tattoos, which the men might like very much. The first tattoo represents a Celtic dragon. The second – a large Chinese dragon.
Tattoo with a kite that can give its wearer protection and strength
Idea for a tiny tattoo with a little dragon
Have we piqued your interest? The dragon tattoos look really nice, right?
A dragon with black eyes and long black claws
Dragons Images from which you could draw inspiration
Black dragon with a serpentine body
As mentioned above, the Chinese dragon is one of the most popular tattoo motifs
Lisbeth Salander from the movie “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” – her tattoo is one of the most famous dragon tattoos
Below are some tattoos with fairytale dragons – we show you great tattoos with the three dragons of “Game of Thrones” and also some pictures with the Smaug of “Der Hobbitt”
Big and small dragon tattoos for men and women – below you will also find a tiny dragon tattoo on your wrist
This idea for small tattoos with winged black dragons on the wrists could be very pleasing to women
Dragon Tattoo Back – Below are three pictures with Chinese and Japanese Dragon Tattoos
Here is one of our favorite ideas on “Dragon Tattoo” – a tattoo depicting the fire dragon Smaug
Another very nice dragon tattoo for men and also for the many fans of “Hobbitt”
Smaug the Golden, last of the great dragons
If you dream of a lucky symbolizing tattoo, we suggest you choose a tattoo with a Chinese or a Japanese kite
“Never laugh at dragons as long as they are alive.” – Bilbo Baggins in “The Hobbit” by JRR Tolkien