Every year around 1.65 billion euros are spent on tattoos. Every fifth German has at least one tattoo. The most popular designs include hearts, flowers, skulls, initials and many others. Recently, the 3D tattoos have become very topical. What makes these effective tattoos stand out and which are the most popular 3D tattoo motifs, we now share.
What makes 3D tattoos so special?
In our time, 3D technology is finding its place in many areas. The tattoo art is no exception. 3D tattoos are enjoying increasing popularity. The reason is their unique look. 3D tattoos are a lot different from other tattoos. They look very realistic and are real eye-catchers. The tattoo artists use a special technique to achieve the 3D effect. They use different shades and accents that create the illusion that the motifs are part of the skin or on the skin. The result is very detailed, realistic body ornaments that can really take your breath away.
3D Tattoos: What do you need to keep in mind when choosing a 3D tattoo?
1. The experience of the tattoo artist
3D tattoo motives require specific knowledge and excellent tattoo skills. It usually takes a long time for a tattoo artist to master the art of 3D tattooing. And not everyone can sting such a body jewelry. Sometimes only one mistake can completely change the whole design. After selecting the desired motif, look for a professional. It is best to ask the tattoo artist to show you photos of his work. Pay attention to whether he used to make 3D tattoos.
2. The placement of the tattoo
One more important thing to keep in mind if you want to get a 3D tattoo is the placement. The place where the tattoo is stung plays an important role in how the design will look. If you are not sure, you can ask the tattoo artist for his professional opinion.
3. The shades
Three-dimensional tattoos include many shades. This is the main reason why a single mistake can ruin the design. Make sure the tattoo artist has enough experience to create the shades.
Popular 3D tattoo designs
3D tattoos are more about visual appeal than symbolic meaning. Here are usually selected detailed motifs that look especially effective. In the following list we have collected the most popular 3D tattoo motifs:
- Biomechanical Tattoo: Biomechanical tattoo art represents the human anatomy in the form of mechanical parts. For example, the bones and the joints in the form of machine parts such as gears, tubes, screws, etc. What makes the biomechanical tattoos even more interesting and eye-catching , is the creative use of colors and the complexity of their designs. These tattoos consist of many small details and are very diverse. Each tattoo can be completely different from the other. The reason for this is that the motifs can be combined in countless ways.
- Flower Tattoo : Flowers have long been important symbols of beauty. These beautiful creations of nature fascinate humanity since time and have become a popular tattoo motif. There are many types of flowers that have different colors and shapes. They are an excellent subject for a 3D tattoo, since only a 3D design can emphasize their unique beauty and elegance.
- Butterfly Tattoo: Butterflies are pretty insects that are colored in beautiful bright colors. They are a popular tattoo motif especially for women. Some men, however, also bite butterfly tattoos, for example, when combined with other male motifs. The 3D tattoos with butterfly as motive are particularly impressive. Thanks to the targeted shades, the butterflies look like they are sitting on the skin or as if they are flying. A 3D butterfly is a good choice if you are looking for a small tattoo motif.
- Animal Tattoo: There is a natural relationship between humans and animals. Many people feel more comfortable with animals because they have no expectations and no prejudices, and often have them tattooed as a tattoo. Some tattoo their pets, others prefer wild animals such as tigers, bears, lions, foxes, etc. In these cases, people often associate with the animal. You want to show that you have some of its features.
- Totenkopf Tattoo: The skull is the most popular 3D tattoo motif. Many think that it is only associated with negative meanings. Actually, he can also symbolize positive qualities such as beauty, wisdom, strength, fertility and protection.
- Women’s face as a tattoo motif: tattoos with a woman’s face as a motif are especially popular with men. These tattoos are often chosen for their looks and have no symbolic meanings. The meaning of the corresponding tattoo depends on the wearer and the symbolism she has for him. The tattoos with a woman’s face as motif are often real masterpieces of tattoo art. For such a tattoo you are best looking for a professional with excellent skills.
How much does a 3D tattoo cost?
The cost of a tattoo usually depends heavily on the complexity and size of the selected tattoo motif. In addition, prices vary from artist to artist. For example, if you go to a well-known tattoo artist, you must be prepared to pay a bit more for your tattoo. But that is a sensible investment, because the tattoo will stay on your skin forever.
Do you fancy a 3D tattoo?
Find a tattoo design that suits you best!
3D sleeve tattoo in black and gray
A creative tattoo design
3d tattoo on the arm
This skull tattoo is without a doubt a real eye-catcher! The blue light gives the skull more depth and creates a great accent
Colored biomechanical tattoo on the upper arm
Wolf head in combination with female face and ethnic motifs
The lotus flower is a strong symbol in Buddhism. It is associated with the purity of body, mind and soul
Only a good tattoo artist can turn the ink into a true masterpiece!
Woman with Indian headdress as a tattoo motif
Human or machine?
3D watercolor tattoo on the forearm
Butterflies represent beauty, femininity and rebirth
Vintage clock combined with white roses
Combine your favorite motifs to create a unique tattoo
Realistic tattoo with sundial as a motive
Galaxy tattoos are a relatively new phenomenon in the tattoo world. One thing is for sure – we will enjoy these tattoos for a long time!
This is perhaps one of the best 3D tattoos we have ever seen! The motifs are so realistic that they give the impression that they are right in front of us!
The tattoo art is constantly evolving and the creations of the tattoo artists are getting more and more stunning! No one can say what the creative minds will think up. We are all curious to know what the tattoo world will bring in the future!